Monday, December 3, 2012

My Adorable $4 Christmas Wreath

So I used THIS tutorial as a guide to make my wreath, with some alterations to make it more 'me'. I do love burlap, but I decided to make my ruffles out of duck cloth. I had an awesome coupon for some awesome duck cloth that was awesomely on sale. ANYWAYS, here's what you'll need:




~ 12" straw wreath (I found mine at the DI for $1)
~1/4 yard each red and white duck cloth ($2 w/ coupon)
~1/4 yard green tulle ($0.25)
~Glue gun and LOTS of gluesticks
~Ornaments (I only used 3 $0.75))






Cut the cloth into strips. My strips ended up being about 2 1/2 inches wide and 12ish inches long. I am not a big 'measurer', so I just winged it.
Hand sew a loose thread along the long edge of the strip. Pull tight, creating the ruffle, and tie off. Repeat for each strip of fabric. I ended up using 10 red and 10 white.

Glue your ruffles in alternating colors all the way around the wreath. I had to use three clue sticks to get all mine on.

After all your ruffles are on, create the embellishment with tulle, ornaments, and LOTS more glue.



Enjoy your Christmas wreath, and Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! So cute and so affordable. Definitely going to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks girls! And thank goodness for Pinterest, right? :)

    ReplyDelete