Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On Toddler Hairstyles

My little girl, as I've stated many times before, is a bundle full of energy. She is so active!
Another little-known fact about her is that she inherited my not-so-great genes of really fine hair, so since... well... forever, we've kept it short. Her hair has always been above her shoulders. Believe me, I would love Princess to have long hair, but its just not in the cards right now. The problem with short hair for active, energetic girls though is that it is always in her face! Ugh! It drives me bonkers! My older sister has a daughter that is the same age, but her hair always looks so perfect. I swear, my sis is like the toddler hair whisperer! All she has to do is touch her daughter's hair and its put perfectly in place and stays there all day. So since I'm not a hair genius like her, I've come up with a few staple hair-do's for Princess that are wonderful for her... And the nice thing is that all short hair styles also work for long hair... fancy that!
The Classic clip-back look

Side pony variation(she calls this her Rapunzel hair) We make this one a messy bun sometimes instead of a braid.
The 'French Twist'


Twist-under pony
Graduated Pony
That's about it! We pretty much stick to those 5 hairdo's. I can almost stick her hair in a pony or pigtails, but it comes out so easily, its just much easier to have most her hair down.

What about you? Do you have any staple hairdo's for your kiddos?


3 comments:

  1. So cute! Soph has bangs to somewhat keep it out of her eyes. But hair still gets in her mouth-yuck! So we do ponies and pig tail buns a lot. Usually she sleeps in it and it lasts 2 days. Which is great cuz she hates getting her hair done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! I have tried bangs with Brin and it just doesn't look right on her. I'd love that tho!

      Delete
  2. It also looked super cute all curly a few weeks ago at church! Lately I've been doing Avery's hair in french braids and it is great for keeping her hair out of her face!

    ReplyDelete