Friday, November 9, 2012

Cider Nog

I know what you're thinking. "What did that title say? Did Nicole type that right? What in the bageezes is Cider Nog?" Well my friends, it will revolutionize your holiday drink world. I served this odd drink at my monthly recipe exchange this week, and everyone loved it! The girls were definitely a little weary of trying it at first, but most even went back for seconds!
Like apple cider? Like egg nog? Like neither? This is the holiday drink for you!

Cider Nog
1 part vanilla bean ice cream
1 part apple cider
pumpkin pie spice to taste
Let the ice cream melt. Like all the way; until its runny. When I make it, I just eyeball how much of each ingredient I want to use. Put the melted ice cream in a punch bowl or other serving dish. Pour the cider and spice in over your ice cream, and whip together for about a minute. Sprinkle with some cinnamon if desired and enjoy!

What about you? Do you have any great non-traditional holiday treats?
I hope you're enjoying the beginning of this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment