Tuesday, November 27, 2012

On Being Grateful

Its not too late to talk about being grateful, right? I kind of took a computer hiatus last week so I could focus on spending time with my family. It was so wonderful!
So now I need to catch up and blog about some of the things I am most grateful for.

1. The thing I am most grateful for in my life is Jesus Christ. 
I am grateful for the ultimate sacrifice He gave to the world so we can return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father again. I am grateful to have been raised in a faithful home, and to have the knowledge of His plan of happiness. It truly gives me the greatest happiness I've ever known. If you want to learn more about my beliefs, visit mormon.org, or just ask me!

2. My wonderful, handsome, loving, caring, smart, funny husband comes in as my close second.
He is my rock, my shoulder to cry on, my best friend. He is so kind, SO patient, and so tender. He is such a wonderful father to our children. He is an incredibly hard worker. He is slow to anger and quick to forgive. He puts God first in all he does, and loves me and our children unconditionally. I will be forever grateful for him in my life.

3. My beautiful, high-spirited, curious, life-loving children.
I honestly never knew the joy that would come from being a mom. It is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I've ever done. My children teach me daily. They constantly amaze me with everything they know and how quickly they are growing up. I am so grateful for the blessing of being a mother.

4. I am grateful for tender mercies.

“But behold, I will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance” (1 Ne. 1:20).
There have been countless instances since I've been married where things have fallen into place that shouldn't have. We have been blessed so many times when it just didn't make sense. Our car has run longer than it should have, we've found extra money at the end of a tight month, we've avoided catastrophe's, been comforted during family crises, had our daughter's life spared, received work when needed, been healthy among sickness, and the list continues. Its not just the big instances, but every day I find more tender mercies that show me the Lord's love for me and my family. Even things like finding the energy to get through a rough day or having a friend stop by just to say 'hi'. I am so grateful for tender mercies.

5. I am grateful for the little things.

I love starting my morning with hot chocolate, watching beautiful sunsets, game nights with friends, playing in the snow, a hug from my kiddos, a call from my sister, and finding awesome deals. There are so many little things that put a smile on my face every day, and for that, I am grateful.

What about you? What are you especially grateful for this holiday season?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment