Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On Nap Time

Nap time is a coveted time of day for me. Since Studley was about 4 months old, both of my kids have napped at the same time of day.
Many days I will take the liberty to nap myself, but I'd say most days I take nap time as ME time... I don't do laundry, dishes, or sweeping- although there is always some inevitable straightening up to be done- but that is the extent of my work during nap time. Usually, this is when I check my Facebook, catch up on Pinterest, and yes, BLOG. I'll read a few chapters of my current novel, eat some Oreo's, or paint my toenails. I love being able to finish a thought, listen to the quietness, and really just relax. Honestly, I think its what keeps me sane. When a mommy doesn't know the last time she was in a car, hasn't showered in a couple days, and is constantly talking so a three-year-old can understand her, its starts wearing on her! So fellow mommies, how do you find time for yourself? What do you do during nap time?

5 comments:

  1. That exactly how I feel. Nap time is not for cleaning its for having a me moment and finishing a sentence! I felt guilty but now that I'm not the only one it makes me feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I play with my Ev man since he doesn't nap anymore, work, do a bit of me time, and try to let my mind breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um.........am I the only one that almost ALWAYS takes a nap while my babies are napping????? OK sometimes I paint my nails but mostly I SLEEP!! I don't want my kids to EVER stop napping together in the afternoon (haha, maybe I am joking.....maybe not)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph, I'm so glad I'M not the only one that uses nap time selfishly! :) And I do take naps occasionally, but I always think of things I want to do when the kids are asleep and they always end up taking the whole nap time. I, too, hope my kids NEVER stop napping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally selfish about nap time. I do all the things you guys do, depending on the day. Even if my husband as home, he knows that nap time is sacred and leaves me to be by myself!

    ReplyDelete