Saturday, October 20, 2012

Way cool trick for making ice...


My mother-in-law is such a wonderfully awesome lady. She is always amazing me with everything she does, and this trick is all thanks to her. (more on her awesomeness in a future post, I'm sure)
She was hosting a going away party for her son and was expecting upwards of 50 guests. I was helping her with her preparations when I saw her pull out some yogurt containers from her freezer. What does she have up her sleeve this time? I thought to myself. Lo and behold, she had made some gigantic ice cubes for her 5-gallon water jugs! Genius right?
Just fill these babies almost all the way full, freeze overnight, then dunk the container in some warm water so your ice will wiggle out into the water jug.
Now you have ice cold water without emptying your ice cube tray or spending money on a bag of ice.  Say whaaaat? I know, I have the coolest MIL on the planet. 'Nuf said. :)
Now you'll never throw away another yogurt- or sour cream- or cottage cheese- or cool whip container again! I apologize in advance to the hubbys out there who will start finding piles of containers in their kitchen. It's my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment