Monday, October 22, 2012

On Mommy Fashion

Do any of you other mommies out there have a Pinterest board like this?
Probably my favorite board on my whole Pinterest page! I always see these cute outfits and think, 'One day, Nicole, you'll be so stylish. You'll be just like those other mom's who have it all together. You'll go to Walmart with your hair in a perfect sock bun, wearing your colored skinny jeans, a cheetah print cardigan and matching Sperry's.' Do you ever think that to yourself?
Believe me, I really do hope to have an awesome wardrobe one day like the one on my fashion Pinterest board. But for now, I am happy with my comfy Levi's that have a hole in the knee, my $8 Target t-shirt, and the Doc Martin's I've had since middle school. Sure, I've picked up a pair or two of skinny jeans, but I'm pretty sure the most I've spent on any article of clothing for myself since I've been married is no more than $20. My kids' wardrobe is a different story, but we'll save that post for another day.
I'll still hope and dream with my Pinterest fashion. I'll still stare at those mommy's in the store or at the park that have the cutest outfits on that I couldn't even put together for a hot date. I'll still go to the mall and make a mental list of all the new pieces my wardrobe could use.

But, the Sperry's can wait. For now, I am enjoying my mommy uniform. 

Isn't Studley a stud?!?
What about you? What does your mommy uniform look like?

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you. Comfy jeans and a plain Jane t shirt. Anything I wear usually ends with food, play dough, or boogers courtesy of the kiddos hands, so plain Jane is easy to get stains out of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get a new stain I always think, Perfect! A new cleaning day shirt! Then I realize... wait... every day is cleaning day! :)

      Delete
  2. Just caught up on your new blog! It's super cute. And awesome. If any Mom should have a blog like this, it's you, because you are an amazing mom and we can all learn a lot from you. :)

    And ditto on the wardrobe thing. Someday, when we're both rich, let's go on a shopping trip, okay? <3

    PS--Hope Princess had a fun birthday on Sunday! I'm waiting for the blog post with pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I'm happy you like it. And I'm all in for when we're both oober-rich and in need of a shopping weekend!

      Delete